Preparing for your Extreme Adventure Vacation!
Preparing for Your Adventure
Adventuresque gets you ready for your adventure. This “Preparing for your Adventure” page is our guide for you for things about purchasing airline tickets, what to pack, necessary forms, how to make payments, travel insurance, and the “small print.”
If you have been redirected here from our booking inquiry page. Let me introduce myself. My name is Matt McArthur. I am the owner and head guide at Adventuresque. I have taken care of every detail of this extreme adventure vacation week.
Our goal at Adventuresque is to provide excellent service. This includes all transport vehicles include WIFI. All the accommodations we use are sustainable, clean, safe, and surround you in beautiful Dominican scenery. The food we provide is locally grown, most of the produce is organic, farm to table meals are common. We are sensitive to dietary issues and can make every possible effort to accommodate those needs. Please make sure to fill out our Personal Info, Declaration of fitness, Liability Release, Photo/Video Release. This gives us the information we need to make sure you get the most out of your extreme adventure vacation.
Lastly, I am able to be contacted just filled out a contact form. I will meet you at the airport the day you enter for your adventure vacation week. Looking forward to the adventure!
Arrival in Santo Domingo (Airport Code SDQ)
Accommodation: Colonial Zone
Activities: Orientation and Welcoming Cocktail Party
Transfer: Jarabacoa (2 hours)
Accommodation: Jarabacoa River Club
Activities: Whitewater Rafting
Transfer: Cabarete (2 hours)
Accommodation: eXtreme Hotel, Kite Beach Cabarete
Activities: Surfing and Scuba Diving
Accommodation: eXtreme Hotel
Activities: Mountain Biking
Accommodations: eXtreme Hotel
Activities: Ocean Stand Up Paddle Lessons/Session, river tube float
Transfer: Taino Farm (30 minutes)
Accommodations: Jungle Tree Hut Taino Farm
Activities: Canyoning ending party pig roast
Accommodations: Taino Farm
Departure Day from Santiago Airport (Airport Code STI)
* This itinerary is subject to change due to weather or safety concerns.
This form must be filled out and emailed to Adventuresque prior to your departure to Dominican Republic.
Adventure Travel Packing List
Adventure Travel Packing List
Adventuresque is a fully mobile adventure vacation week. We feel that less is more (more mobile). Your packing moto should be “Pack light, but pack right!” Here is a list of things that will make your adventure vacation week comfortable and enjoyable. *Please note that all adventure tours come with top quality activity specific equipment. If you wish to bring your own please contact us before packing.
- Quick dry clothing (undergarments, shirts, and shorts)
- These items dry faster than cotton and can be easily washed by hand and dry by morning.
- Rain gear (cheap ponchos are awesome)
- Closed toed shoes that can drain water easily (trail runners or river sandals)
- Flip Flops, Sandals, or Sneakers (any footwear you are comfortable in)
- Sunblock SPF 30+
- Insect repellent
- Lip protection
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses with Keeper Strap
- Small backpack
- Passport and travel documents in a waterproof container (ziplock baggies are awesome!)
- Long pants and light weight jacket, sweater, or fleece
- Camp Towel (quick drying)
- Personal hygiene items
- Personal medication
- Prescription glasses or contacts (bring an extra pair and a copy of your prescription)
- Extra batteries
Looking for recommendations of adventure travel product? Check out our blog post about the gear we travel with.
Adventure Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is required for an Adventuresque extreme adventure vacation package. We highly recommend that you read the fine print and see what activities are covered in your policy. We have a strong relationship with International Medical Group (IMG).
We recommend their Patriot Adventure Travel Medical Insurance. It covers all the activities you will involved in during your adventure vacation week.
Individual & family – Short-term medical coverage available from 30 days up to six months for adventure sports enthusiasts.Patriot Adventure is designed for the adventurous international traveler. It provides benefits for those traveling abroad who also intend to participate in non-contact amateur athletic activities and a select group adventure sports.There are two plans available: Patriot Adventure InternationalSM provides coverage for U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S. and Patriot Adventure AmericaSM provides coverage for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country.
Reservations and Payment
- Early reservations are encouraged. Some trips fill several months before departure.
- All reservations require a 50% deposit at the time of booking. An invoice will be mailed to you within 24hours.
- Full payment is required 45 days before departure.
- All payments must be in the form of U.S. dollars paid via PayPal. If payment is not received when due, Adventuresque reserves the right to treat the reservation as canceled.
Cancellation by Client
When written notification of cancellation is received more than 45 days prior to departure of the trip, any payments minus 25% will be refunded. Written cancelations between 45 and 30 days prior to departure any payments minus 25% will be credited to future tours. No refunds or credit for cancellation given less than 30 days of trip departure dates. Adventuresque trips are sold as packages, and there will be no refunds to individuals who leave a trip early or arrive late.
Exceptions to the above cancellation policies cannot be made for any reason, including weather and personal emergencies. Adventuresque STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THAT YOU PURCHASE A TRAVEL INSURANCE POLICY THAT INCLUDES TRIP CANCELLATION AND INTERRUPTION INSURANCE. Travel medical insurance is required for your vacation week.
- Adventuresque has designed our vacations with a degree of flexibility, to provide you with the best possible opportunity for exploring the Dominican Republic.
- Therefore our itineraries may change due to weather, availability of new accommodations or routes, problems with old routes, etc. Adventuresque reserves the right to change the itinerary due to any factor.
- Adveturesque week’s include meals, accommodation and meal taxes and gratuities, snacks and purified drinking water, professional guides, park entry fees and permits, maps and vehicle or mule support (to carry purified drinking water, food, spare parts, tools, first aid, or for weary participants.
What’s not included
- Airfare, soft drinks, liquor, medical expenses, cost of hospitalization or evacuation from remote areas, personal medical insurance, tips for guides.
- Good physical and mental health are essential for the enjoyment of our trips
- It is essential that any participant with a medical condition requiring regular treatment or which may be affected by vigorous activity, high altitude, heat, cold, other natural phenomena, or foods, notify Adventuresque, in writing, in advance of the trip.
- All participants must carry their own medical insurance, valid for the duration of the trip.
- Clients must present themselves for tours in a condition that guides feel will enable them to participate without endangering themselves or others, this especially relates to cascading, canyoning, white water rafting, SUP and biking trips. Please drink responsibly the night before trips as any sign of intoxication may lead to the cancellation of tours or exclusion of individuals without recourse to refunds.